1. Where is Quaid-e-Azam Business Park (QABP) located?
- QABP is located in Sheikhupura, right on Lahore-Islamabad Motorway (M-2) at about 15 minutes’ drive from Ravi Toll Plaza, Lahore. The site is situated on west side of M-2 between Monosaranwala bridge and Sheikhupura Interchange.
- QABP is just next to the city of Sheikhupura and has access from both M2 motorway from the front side and Lahore – Sheikhupura Road (N60) from the city side.
- We are constructing a dedicated interchange at Monosaranwala bridge which will provide direct access to QABP from both Lahore and Islamabad side. We are also constructing a direct access to the park from Sheikhupura Interchange.
2. Is skilled and unskilled labor available nearby?
- QABP is located in Sheikhupura which is home to a large industrial base. The presence of industry in such large number creates lot of demand for both skilled and unskilled labour which is met by labour from Shiekhupura, Lahore and adjoining areas. The labour demand of QABP will also be met from nearby locations.
3. Will QABP have a labor colony?
- Yes. A 200 acre block has been reserved for labor colonies right next to the zone for establishing a labour colony. PIEDMC will start work on its development as soon as demand arises.
4. What utilities will be available in QABP?
- PIEDMC will make available all utilities like electricity, RLNG, water and telecommunication to the industrialists at the doorstep.
5. Will QABP have a dedicated grid station?
- Our electricity plan is comprehensive and caters to the needs of the industry on long term basis. QABP will have two 132/ 11 KV grid stations – one on the eastern edge and another on the western edge of QABP. LESCO has already commenced work on the grid station at eastern side of QABP (Grid Station-1).
- Initially both grid stations will have one 40 MVA transformer each and additional transformers will be added as demand increases.
6. How would PIEDMC ensure that sufficient power is available in QABP?
- National Transmission & Dispatch Company (NTDC) – a subsidiary of WAPDA, has designed a 220 KV grid station inside QABP premises for which PIEDMC has already allocated 25 acres. This NTDC 220 KV grid station will have two 250 MVA transformers (220/132KV) and thus would not only meet the ultimate energy requirements of QABP but also of the adjoining areas.
- The PC-I of this grid station has been submitted to the Planning Commission, Government of Pakistan and hopefully it will be included in the PSDP 2021-22. This grid station is planned to be commissioned by end FY 2024.
7. How would PIEDMC meet the energy requirements in QABP till commissioning of NTDC grid station in 2024?
- As per our planning, the NTDC grid station would be required only when the internal demand is more than 80 MW. Our experience tells that such demand would arise around 2028. Till then, the existing transmission network of LESCO is sufficient to meet the demand.
8. Is QABP a “Special Economic Zone” (SEZ)?
- QABP was formerly called Quaid e Azam Apparel Park (QAAP) and QAAP was officially declared and notified as Special Economic Zone (SEZ) by the Government of Pakistan in September 2019.
- The PIEDMC management has decided that it would not be feasible to restrict this zone only to textile and has allowed all sectors (less negative industries as mentioned in the application form) to set up industry in the park. Therefore QAAP has been renamed as Quaid-e-Azam Business Park (QABP).
- The application with new name is already under process with Board of Investment (BOI), Islamabad.
9. When will the development works start?
- Although supporting works have already commenced, the major development works inside QABP are planned to commence in September 2020 to be completed by March 2023.
10. Is gas available in QABP?
- Yes. PIEDMC has laid, through SNGPL, a 17 km long 16 inches diameter transmission pipe to the entry point of QABP at a huge cost of Rs. 690 million. This pipe brings gas from SNGPL’s main transmission network located in Qila Sattar Shah (district Sheikhupura). In addition, a dedicated SMS/CMS on one and a half acre has also been constructed inside the premises of QABP.
- The customers will be provided connections on account of Re-gasified LNG (RLNG).
11. Please tell us about Multi-Purpose Complex (MPC)?
- PIEDMC has planned and designed a 300,000 square feet, six storey, multi-purpose complex right at the main entrance of QABP. The building complex will be constructed over 10 acre land and include offices, shops, display centres, business centres, bed & breakfast hotel, factory outlets, emergency centre, etc.
- In September 2020, the work on Phase-I of MPC, comprising ground floor and mezzanine floor measuring 113,000 square feet, will commence. The other floors would be added upon sufficient colonization of QABP.
12. Will QABP have a Combined Effluent Treatment Plant (CETP)?
- Yes. QABP will have a CETP constructed at the western side. The treated effluents will be released to the newly remodeled Sheikhupura drain.
- Unlike previous projects, CETP in QABP will be constructed in earlier stages between 2021-2023. CETP will be constructed on modular basis and its capacity would be increased by constructing additional modules as flow of wastewater increases.
13. What parameters of wastewater will Combined Effluent Treatment Plant (CETP) treat?
- CETP shall treat the wastewater to bring the values of BOD, COD, and TSS of wastewater within the National Environmental Quality Standards (NEQS) limits.
14. Does this mean that the individual industry will not have to treat the wastewater?
- The industry will have to first remove, as part of pre-treatment by providing specific in-house treatment system, all or any hazardous materials, toxic metals or compounds present in the wastewater, if they are exceeding the NEQS values, prior to the discharge of wastewater into the sewerage system of QABP.
15. Will I have to pay any additional cost for getting electric connection?
- The internal 11 KV underground electrical distribution system has been designed on a design load of 200 KVA per acre. PIEDMC will charge standard charges (connection and security) for electric connection if the required load is within design load (i.e. 200 KVA per acre). However, if the required load exceeds the design load then additional charges will be levied.
16. Is the cost of transformer included in the plot price?
- No. The cost of transformer is not included in the plot price.
17. How will QABP be managed and maintained?
- PIEDMC shall develop and eventually hand over the day to day management of QABP to a private sector led Board of Management (BOM). This is usually done upon significant colonization of the QABP or as decided by the Board of Directors (BOD) of PIEDMC.
- The BOD of PIEDMC shall nominate president and members of the BOM from the resident owners of the QABP. The BOM shall function as per approved Rules of Business including levying and collection of monthly operations & management (O&M) charges.
18. When will plots be handed over for possession?
- The customers who have made full payment of the plot can take possession immediately if they desire to start construction.
- The customers who are on installment plan need to first pay and clear balance payment against plot. However, customers can make a special request for possession after only after 75 percent of the payment of the plot has been made. Such cases will be decided on case-to-case basis.
19. Can I start construction on my plot while development works are going on?
- Yes. PIEDMC will provide access to the plot and temporary electric connection to facilitate construction of industry concurrent with the development of QABP.
20. What is the building construction period?
- The customer must commence construction of the factory within 06 months from the date of execution of Agreement to Sell and complete it within 24 months from the date of execution of Agreement to Sell.
- There are fees/ penalties if the completion of construction is delayed. In case of transfer of plots, the customer must also pay extension fee in addition to the transfer fee.
21. Are there any penalties in case of delay in construction?
- Yes, there will be penalties/ fees etc.
22. Are the plots transferable?
- Only plots that have been paid for in full (100%) can be transferred to any new owner at any time subject to payment of transfer fee and other fees if there is no other violation of terms and conditions of allotment policy.
- Plots with outstanding dues/ installments cannot be transferred.
23. Will the listed prices change?
- These prices are pre-launch prices and may change by the BOD of PIEDMC.
24. What is the applications closing date?
- There is no closing date as of today. The plots will be allotted on first-come-first-serve basis till the time BOD decides and in that case the date of closing will be announced on the website.
25. Are there any zones or sectors in QABP?
- Yes, we have earmarked zones for food, pharmaceutical, engineering, and textile sectors. The basic idea is that high energy consumers should be closer to the grid station, high water using closer to CETP, and pharmaceutical and food units be away from emissions.
26. How strictly will you follow this zoning while allotting a plot?
- We will try to follow this as far as possible. However, we believe that a customer who is paying for the plot must have a say in the choice and especially those ‘early birds’ who have reposed trust in PIEDMC in the pre-launch phase must be accommodated at the plot of their choice.
27. How to apply for a plot?
- You can visit the PIEDMC website at www.pie.com.pk for online application and further information.
- You can also request for an application kit which will be sent to you via courier or you can collect the same from any PIEDMC office located in Lahore, Rahim Yar Khan, Bhalwal, Vehari and Multan.